Wednesday, September 2, 2009

470 ARG News Letter

Hello eveyone  !! Hope all is well... Last weeks net brought 67 check in's so thanks to all who took part, don't forget this weeks net  at 7:30 pm stop by if you have time... should have some interesting topics and great triva....
So let's get started with the news letter topics for the week, hope that all will find interesting....
 
 FYI
 
Be Cautious About Giving Info to Census Workers With the U.S. Census process beginning, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) advises people to be cooperative, but cautious, so as not to become a victim of fraud or identity theft. The first phase of the 2010 U.S. Census is under way as workers have begun verifying the addresses of households across the country. Eventually, more than 140,000 U.S. Census workers will count every person in the United States and will gather information about every person living at each address including name, age, gender, race, and other relevant data. The big question is - how do you tell the difference between a U.S. Census worker and a con artist? BBB offers the following advice:
• If a U.S. Census worker knocks on your door, they will have a badge , a handheld device , a Census Bureau canvas bag , and a confidentiality notice .
• Ask to see their identification and their badge before answering their questions. However, you should never invite anyone you don't know into your home.
• Census workers are currently only knocking on doors to verify address information. Do not give your Social Security number, credit card or banking information to anyone , even if they claim they need it for the U.S. Census. While the Census Bureau might ask for basic financial information, such as a salary range, it will not ask for Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers nor will employees solicit donations.
Eventually, Census workers may contact you by telephone, mail, or in person at home. However, they will not contact you by Email, so be on the lookout for Email scams impersonating the Census.
Never click on a link or open any attachments in an Email that are supposedly from the U.S. Census Bureau.
 
Also The Sevier County Emergency Radio Service has the Lifestyle book at 35.00 which has 2 cards inside !! these won't last long, contact me if interested  have a few of these books left going quick !!! Save you up to $25,000 in Retail and Home Selections..
 
From The NTAS ...Washington Bridge Employee's Fired !!
 
ARES What Is It and What Does It Do For The Comminuty..
 
Oak Ridge Lab...
 
Neutron Scattering From ORNL
 
HFIR of ORNL...
 
The Manhattan Project.....
The People ....
 
Ok you pilots and those into aircraft....and spacecrafts.......
&
&
&
&
&
&
&
 
Hope you enjoyed the above info on air flight and space flight....
 
N1H1  Explained...
 
Attention All Amateurs...
From ARRL ....Close Date
 
 
Attention All Amateurs...

Happy Birthday, Hiram! (Sep 2, 2009) -- Today, the League celebrates the 140th anniversary of the birth of ARRL's co-founder and first President, Hiram Percy Maxim, W1AW! Maxim -- born September 2, 1869 -- decided a national organization for Amateur Radio was in order after he needed a "relay" station in Agawam, Massachusetts to pass a message he was sending from Hartford to Springfield, Massachusetts. In honor of The Old Man's (TOM) birthday, the ARRL is holding a week-long Special Event, where eligible amateurs may add /140 to their call signs. A complete list of who may add /140 can be found on page 20 of the September 2009 issue of QST. Hams who work at least 25 /140 stations can earn an attractive certificate; this certificate can be endorsed in increments of 25 QSOs, up to 100.

It Seems to Us: Pecuniary Interest

 

Let's Talk Weather Questions...
What Is .....
&
 
The UHF Connector...
 
WHAT PETS WRITE IN THEIR DIARIES
Excerpts from a Dog's Diary......
 
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!
Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary....
 
Day 983 of my captivity...
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. 
Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.
Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards..
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking.. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now…
   
What's The EOC...
 
Shortwave Listening....
 
This weeks net will have info on TEXT Message from Computers thanks to Jim Yearwood
 
Please stop by the website for any updates or new info at www.470arg.com  .. Join us with discusion and topics there also... those that you may not or wouldn't put on the air...Pleas be advised that you must be a amateur radio operater to have access to all aplications of the website... The 470 ARG is listed on ARRL Net Directory and www.470arg.com is co-owned by the original 470 members of 2007,names upon request in writting, and the website's webmasters are Moe Brewer, Tim and Robin Bird...If you are interested in working with the website please contact any of the webmasters or myself..This website has several security aplications in place and is designed for family use and reading....we hope that you enjoy it..
 
The 470 is also a member of the Presidentual Volunteer Service Award, Plus the 470 is the  District 6 Skywarn, thanks to Mr Tim Berry and the National Weather Service Morristown , so when there is bad weather check out the 470 District 6 Skywarn  nets....It's also the back Up frequency for the Sevier County Emergency Radio Service on VHF our UHF freq is 443.225... Thanks to all who participate in the 470 ARG Net and operate on the 145.470... We are very Blessed to have a great repeater as the 470, along with all the other repeaters in our area, a special thanks to those repeater owners for all they give to the amateur radio community, and the time and money they put out to help the amateur community.....
 
We have a ARECC Level 1  class coming up on the 10th of October at the EOC, please contact me for times and requirements of the class at 865.429.2422 or by e mail at n4jtq@live.com , a Tech Class will also be held on the 3rd of October, please let us know if you know someone who will be attending this class ro if you are attending, thanks to all the great e mails on our net.. Russell and Danny  do a great job !!!
 
73 for now ...
Rick and Cathy
--
Rick Sawaya Sr  N4JTQ
NCS For The 470ARG Net
President of Sevier County Emergency Radio Service,EC For Sevier County, ARES & Skywarn Member
ARRL VE & CE, SCERS Club Call Trustee KJ4HPM, Member OMISS
Cathy Sawaya KI4YPO
Amateur Extra Class
NCS for The Ladies Round Table Net
2005 Spence Mountain Loop
Sevierville,TN 37876
865.429.2422
Monitor 145.470 , 444.300, 146.730, 146.940
HF -3.980, 3.975, 3.983,3.940.5

Want To Help Support The 470 Send All
Donations to the 145.470 send to: Mr.Tim Berry
214 Echodale Rd
Knoxville TN 37920

No comments: